Ecclesiastical Endorsement of Chaplaincy
GBSC Chaplaincy Endorsement Program
General Baptist State Convention is blessed to provide ecclesiastical endorsement for institutional and hospital chaplains, as well as pastoral counselors and educators. We recognize the fundamental mission of Chaplaincy is to offer pastoral care to all individuals by facilitating the opportunity to pursue individual spiritual beliefs and practices.
ECCLESIASTICAL ENDORSEMENT OF CHAPLAINCY FOR:
• Institutional Chaplain
• Hospital Chaplains
• Pastoral Counselors/Educators
General Baptist State Convention recognizes the fundamental mission of Chaplaincy is to offer pastoral care to all individuals by facilitating the opportunity to pursue individual spiritual beliefs and practices.
- Candidates for endorsement must possess an earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 120 semester hours. In addition, the candidate must have earned a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or school of theology.
- Completion of at least four (4) Clinical Pastoral Education units under supervised clinical practice in ministry.
- Institutional accreditation consists of recognition by the U. S. Department of Education as well as The Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The candidate’s association with the General State Baptist Convention must reflect at least one year of church membership in a participating congregation of the Convention.
- The endorsement will affirm the candidate’s aptness for ministry and support for his/her candidacy as well as an assurance that the candidate has no present or past legal or moral barrier to Congregational ministry as well as Chaplain ministry. Endorsement further affirms the candidate’s willingness to minister to all persons regardless of faith/non-faith affiliation.
- Candidates must conform to guidelines established for areas of employment, financial and criminal history. Candidates must adhere to a “Do No Harm” philosophical stance in regard to ministry to all persons he/she might encounter.
- The General Baptist State Convention expects candidates to earnestly consider endorsement by this faith group as he/she continues to answer their call to ministry with individuals in all walks of life. Every received application will receive consideration when all required documents are submitted.
- It is expected that endorsed Chaplains of the General Baptist State Convention agree to maintain continued maintenance of their endorsement by submitting documentation of at least thirty (30) hours of continuing education hours over a three (3) year period.
- Email Dr. April Rhinehardt to initiate discussion and preparation process.
- All documents needed will be provided by Dr. Rhinehardt at that time, including application.
- Compile required materials and application.
- Submit all required materials to Dr. Rhinehardt for review.
For More Information
Rev. Dr. April Rhinehardt
Chaplaincy Program Coordinator
Board Certified Chaplain
Rev. Quan K.R. Stewart
Assistant Executive Secretary-Treasurer
General State Baptist Convention of North Carolina, Inc.